Wednesday 4 March 2015

March card for the 12 tags of 2015

Spring is in the air over at Tim Holt's as his tag for March is very spring like and features bright colours and a gorgeous masked butterfly. This is his tag for the month.



He has also used a gorgeous enamelling technique over texture paste. To see his full tutorial and join the fun please visit his page here.

I decided that my card version would be for my dear Mum for Mother's day as here in the UK that is just around the corner on 15th March.

I don't have many distress paints so I got out my brightest colours to make my backing card.
I added tissue tape as Tim did and used his marbling technique.
Next for the masking I also wanted to use a butterfly but I don't have his set yet so I used my gorgeous large Visible Image butterfly stamp. I love these stamps.
I stamped and embossed 3 on my card and then made a mask of the butterfly







Next I used Tim's honeycomb stencil and spread some texture paste through it and then added gold embossing powder.




I then removed the masks and heated the powder.








How cool is this technique ...thanks Tim I will used this again.

I wanted to add some flowers for Mother's Day so I inked up some tattered floral strip die cuts.




and then it was time to put my creative hat on and put my design together.










Here is my version as a card
 and some close ups of my flowers


 the sentiment is LOTV
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2015 March
Dream Valley Mother's Day
Simon Says stamp special lady/girlie
Country View Crafts anything goes
Inspiration Journal spring blooms
Frilly and Funkie it's time for a vacation this is another project where I have taken myself away to a hot spring day in rural England with the bees humming and the butterflies fluttering....Oh bliss I can't wait.
Papertake weekly anything goes
Allsorts use brads my flower centres are all brads
Sweet stampin all or nothing layers
Pan Pastel stencil it

I loved making this card and I hope my Mum will like it when she opens it with her altered Domino book on Mother's Day. They were certainly made with lots of love.

The temperature looks set to rise in the UK over the next 4 or 5 days, we may even reach the balmy heights of 16c in the south at the weekend. It would be lovely as we are off to see Daisy and her Mummy and Daddy on Saturday. We hope to get out for a walk and enjoy the countryside in the sunshine and spot the many signs of spring growth everywhere.

Thanks for visiting me today and thanks also for the lovely comments you left on my last post. Enjoy the end of the week.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

27 comments:

  1. Great make for our theme at Allsorts tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great take on Tims tag Jane - really looking forward to doing this one - it looks awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is spectacular Jane!
    I'm in AWE!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think your mum will love it Jane, I do love that little butterfly stamp and your flowers are gorgeous!
    Yes the weather is to warm up a bit thankfully, we have a girly shopping trip to Glasgow on Saturday so some nice weather would be very welcome. Enjoy your weekend my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. you pulled out all the stops on that card for your mum! What a good daughter you are! I hope she loves everything, but I know she will. Good luck on your contests! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A brilliant rendition of Tim's March tag! Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Journal. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautifully bright and Summery creation Jane, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Jane! Love your choice of the honeycomb stencil and your flowers are fabulous!! A beautiful version of Tim's tag! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on Tim's tag, Jane! You've got such depth and texture to the background layer, complimented beautifully by those pretty handmade flowers! I'm sure your Mum will love it! Hugs, Lisa x

    PS I loved your little domino book too! Such a sweet little keepsake which again, I'm sure will be well received! Hope you had a wonderful time with your girlies and the weather wasn't too chilly! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, the embossed stenciled parts are really gorgeous, very inspiring, thank you for playing with Sweet Stampin'.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful take on Tim's tag. Great background, texture and wonderful butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! This is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Inspiration Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea making Tim's tag into your Mothers Day card. So beautiful, I'm sure you mum will love it.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's lovely and so colourful, Jane! Tim's tag is so inspiring and I like how your used the ideas!
    Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.......looks like it will be sunny!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Jane-
    It's always so nice to visit your blog where the sun shines and beauty is being created in all directions. Your mum is going to love her cheerful card and the tiny domino book (so precious!) will melt her heart. Enjoy the warm temps this weekend! Hugs to you and little Daisy, and a pat for Billy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That's all I can say! Beautiful project! Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week, good luck! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty creation! Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Jane this is wonderful! You've adapted the design so beautifully with the extra butterflies and honeycomb stencilling and I love those flowers! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your gorgeous project....Thanks for sharing with us at Country View.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Jane,

    What a beautiful card, your dear Mom will love that! Those flowers are simply gorgeous. That weather of yours sounds divine, I wish it will keep shining at yours and here!

    Sunny greetings from here!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous Jane. I love seeing a step by step of how these mixed media tags are made !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow!!! stunning!
    it seem's shouting "hey! IT'S SPRING!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous Spring project Jane ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Jane, I'm sorry to be so behind in my comments!! Loving all of your butterflies, mini domino book and Mother's Day cards. I hope all the ladies in your family have a lovely weekend and Sunday.

    Here's to lucky Friday the 13th.
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, Jane, you have absolutely rocked those techniques! This is just gorgeous - your Mum will love it!! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags b x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous stamping and I love all the texture too Jane. Thanks so much for joining us at PanPastel UK
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your card and your Mum will too, no doubt. Love the embossed butterflies - great idea. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x