Tuesday 31 March 2015

Mellow Yellow

We had a lovely day on Sunday with the final celebrations of my Mum and Dad's diamond wedding anniversary. Thanks for all your good wishes which I passed on. We enjoyed Sunday roast at a local restaurant and spending time catching up. What a great month it has  been for celebrations and I cannot believe that we have arrived at the last day of March.

I am delighted today to have been invited by the ladies over at Top Tip Tuesday as their guest designer. Their challenge for the next 2 weeks is Mellow Yellow. Please pop on over to see the DT makes over there and to also join in the fun.

I love the colour yellow but to me "mellow yellow" sings more that just plain yellow so I wanted to add a little pop of colour too. I was able to chose a digi from Sami stamps for my GD card. I chose a digi to make my niece's wedding card with. She is getting married in July and she is also a pink girl.
I have a great bird cage base card to use for wedding cards and I also looked through my stash of papers and found a lovely old magnolia paper with a background of yellow with purple butterflies. So I settled on my mellow yellow colours of yellow, purple and pink.

I lined the inside with pretty glitter embossed vellum and layered on some of my die cuts

 This is the pretty yellow butterfly paper inside.
I chose some yellow and white mulberry paper flowers from my stash (which I altered slightly for the final card with distress inks).
 I coloured the image with Promarkers and highlighted with Prismacolor pencils. I then carefully fussy cut her out, including that long eye lash ;0)
Then it was time to put on my creative hat.

Here is my finished card.
The single butterfly is a Cheery Lynn die as are the rose leaves and the lace at the bottom. The flourish is a Tattered lace die which was given to me by a friend of a friend who has given up card making.
 The sentiment is LOTV and the butterfly border is Joy Craft. These were all white die cuts which I coloured with distress inks in my "mellow yellow" colour scheme. I added some gems, pearls and glitter for a little bling.
and a couple of arty shots
 The colours speak to me of a mellow yellow sunny wedding day which we hope will be the order of the day in July.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Country view crafts anything goes
Fussy and Fancy girlie
Whimsy use a die cut
Simon Says stamp Wednesday anything goes
 Cheery Lynn Back to nature 
 As you like it Lines or no lines technique mine is definitely lines and if I can be completely honest I actually don't like the no lines technique, I think it looks odd. I appreciate it's a skill but not one I want to learn.
Simon says stamp Monday pastels
Not just cards anything goes
Crafting from the heart anything goes
Artistic Inspirations anything goes with a twist of flowers
Pan Pastel UK spring colours
Sentimental Sundays springtime flowers
I love rubberstamps fave embellisment I have lots but I do love my die cut butterflies


Thanks for visiting, especially if you are a first time visitor here. You are most welcome. Can I also thank Samantha over at Top Tip Tuesday for inviting me to Guest design for her today.

We certainly had March winds over the weekend and the start of April showers. However
there are still so many mellow yellows in mother nature including these beauties in my garden and house.


Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jane, I do love yellow especially at this time of year. I think Mother Nature knows that at this time of year we all need a good dose of yellow and she just throws it at us!
    So glad the celebrations at the weekend were wonderful.
    Enjoy your week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning Wedding card Jane, I'm sure your Niece will be absolutely thrilled with it, it's gorgeous. I love the bird cage being used as a wedding arch, great design.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane its a pleasure to have you Guest Design at TTT and I am so pleased you said yes! LOVE your creation simply stunning all the work and effort you have put into this creation is so worth it!
    GORGEOUS!

    I have also shared your card on the Sami Stamps Facebook page too! hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, this is the sweetest and most delicate card of beauty and simple feeling of LOVE! What a wonderful job you did in conveying the sentiment. Yellow is so lovely and refreshing especially this time of year, makes me feel happy!
    xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jane, what a gorgeous card! That archway base is such a stunning backdrop for your bride and all the luscious flowers and butterflies! So beautiful! Seems spring is in full gear where you are, lucky gal! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous, colourful card, Jane! I love your mellow yellow theme and you have included such pretty elements in your design, it is sure to please your niece. Loved all your bright and spring like yellow flowers here too, both on the card and the real ones!
    Happy week!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful wedding card. Your niece will love this, a perfect keepsake. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello dear Jane,

    What a lovely card - and all that yellow is just perfect for these soon-to-be-Easter days, and all the special details in that card are simply stunning. Wishing you a wonderful week, especially tomorrow... :)

    Happy April soon!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Jane, with a beautiful layout and I love how you shaded and inked your CL Butterfly. So pretty. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card, Jane, such a beautiful design and a wonderful mix of flowers and dies. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty wedding card...there's nothing mellow about the gorgeous shades of yellow and purple you used on your embellishments. Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubbertamps, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card and I'm glad you had such wonderful family celebrations. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. a really stunning card Jane - absolutely brilliant! I adore the yellows - so spring like and pretty! Gorgeous - as are your flower pictures too! Big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your parents are so cute! I love the cards you made! Can't wait to see the daffodils coming up here!

    Happy April!
    Jane T

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful card. Lovely shape.and image. Gorgeous embellishments. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting from the Heart. Sue DT. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jane, thanks for joining us at TTT, your card is a real treat for the eyes! I love the beautiful coloring and fab details. Your niece is going to love it! Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful!
    Just gorgeous use of yellows! I am sure your niece will love it and congratulations on your parents' anniversary!
    It would go nicely with the current challenge at Lia Stampz: color scheme. If you'd like to come and play with us here is the link: http://liastampz.blogspot.ro/2015/03/challenge-86-color-scheme.html

    Hope to see you there!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. Here I am with my As you Like it hat on... Still love this and all the work you did making it!
    Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this project just got more amazing with each photo! I can't believe you cut out that long eyelash! I love the color combinations and all the detail that went into this card..just stunning! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

    AJ ~ DT member, Sentimental Sundays

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Jane, so much beautiful detail, love all the yellow, perfect for spring. Thanks for sharing on AYLI. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a gorgeous and creative card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all your details from the sparkle vellum to the flowers in yellow! Thank you for playing along in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow what a lovely card love all those yummy embellishments, glad you could join Loves Rubberstamps this week, happy easter..
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow, stunning card, Jane. Gorgeous image and I love all the details and colours! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely gorgeous Jane and sweet image and beautiful flowers! Thanks for joining in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Jane! The details on this are just stunning! Gorgeous job! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! We hope you will play along with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness, this is so beautiful and I do love the butterflies too. Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is fab, thanks for joining us at Not Just Cards xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a creation and tutorial this is, thanks for sharing over on artistic inspirations x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x