Monday 17 August 2015

My August garden and some Wendy Vecchi inspiration

My garden pots have been a source of joy and inspiration for me all summer. My colour palette has been bright and bold and a change from my usual pastels.




I don't often make tags but sometimes as Wendy Vecchi suggests, I just want to "Make Art". I needed an excuse to use the brilliant rose mask stamp again which we were given 2 weekends ago at the workshop.

I also wanted to enter some fun challenges so I went down to my garden studio this weekend and got out some bold bright distress inks .....and a stencil and coloured up this tag.

I used this great PaperArtsy stamp as I think it is a very cool sentiment. That background has a lot of zingy colour in it...I love the fushia pink tones. I wanted a frame for my tag so I used Tim's ornate frame which I bought recently. I added lots of greens and a touch of brown and lots of crackle!
 This is the gorgeous Wendy Vecchi rose stamp we were given at the recent workshop. I stamped it a couple of times on mixed media paper and coloured it with distress inks.
and this is what I put together
 I added an embossed edge which you can just see below
 and some layering to the rose and glossy accents to the centre and on the leaves
I would like to enter it into the following fun challenges;

Rubber dance....August challenge   I think my colours match and I even went along with the theme of in the garden.
 
Artistic stamper anything goes

Mixed  media world gorgeous textures

Allsorts favourite colour this is my 2nd entry so I have used my second favourite colour which is green

Country View Crafts summertime

We love to create anything goes mixed media

Dies R Us the great outdoors

Emerald Faeries favourite colours mine are the green and yellow used on my tag.

Words to scrap by Book inspiration mine is The Good Earth


So this one was just for me...to remind me that whatever is going on in life we need to bloom where we are planted. I really try to. I am very blessed in life, surrounded by a wonderful loving family and with my sweet garden to potter around in my leisure time I can never lack joy from mother nature or fail to be inspired for my creativity.

Enjoy the week ahead,

Remember to bloom where you are planted ;0)
Sending sunshine...there's been lots here this afternoon.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

20 comments:

  1. What a lovely sentiment and your pretty tag certainly shows off the colours of your beautiful flowers!
    I think nature is the best inspiration!
    Happy week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Jane!
    Love your flowers too.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘THE GREAT OUTDOORS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty Jane and I definitely can see the Wendy influences in your tag.
    Hugs, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beaitiful make jane and wise words. well done over at ftilly and funkie too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag and garden Jane!
    I like the quote as well ;)
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Jane, what a pretty tag! Love your use of those bold colors and your multi media project. Thanks so much for playing along with our book-inspired Words 2 Scrap By challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a fabulous garden you have Jane, such wonderful colours. Love your tag, so beautiful, would look lovely hung up in your craft space to view each day, that would bring a smile to my face seeing such beautiful work as well as the gorgeous colours.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tag Jane, love the colours. Thanks for joining in the fun at The Artisitic Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful flowers for your inspiration! Can't believe it is already mid-August! Looked like a fun workshop with all the gals in one of your previous posts!

    Hope you are having a great week!
    Jane T

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Jane! Your garden's looking lovely and still full of late, Summer colour! I am desperate to get out in mine now! I so want to get the hard landscaping done so that I can get onto the nice bit of planting, but all the flowers will probably have finished by then...one of these fine days!
    Love your bright, floral tag and I agree sometimes it's nice just to make something for the sake of it - though I don't get much opportunity these days...2 wedding cards down and 2 to go! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty rosy tag, Jane! Love your bright and sunny garden colours here too. Happy week!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wouldn't it be great if more people took a moment to enjoy the beauty around them? That's what's so nice about visiting your blog, Jane. No matter the weather, we can count on the sun shining and the garden blooming here. Thanks for sharing this with all of us! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous tag, Jane! I love how you used a tag for the base and then added that frame around the rose. It is a beautiful sentiment and indeed a good reminder .... so thank you for that :-)
    Thank you for entering our August challenge and using our colours as well as optional theme this month. Love your flowers, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous,thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great way you layered the colors - great depth! Thanks for playing along with Words 2 Scrap By!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH, I love tags, and yours is gorgeous!!!! Thank you for joining us at "Dies R Us" for our "The Great Outdoors" challenge!
    Diane DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely tag with beautiful colors, Jane
    Thanks so much for joining us at Artistic stamper this month.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks so wonderful! Great tag! Thank you for entering the Rubber Dance Challenge! Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glorious garden photos and great to see the colours making their way on to your fabulous summer tag. Thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges with another great creation.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x