Saturday 15 August 2015

Tim's tags' for 2015, August, Jane's Journal style

It's time for me to share my August version of Tim's tag which this month features a cool inky background and lots of collage.
Here is Tim's tag and you can follow all his great techniques over at his blog here.
I was inspired by the cut out background and the vintage image he used. I own the pen nib embellies so decided to use that too. I also liked the splattered metallic paint effect.
As you well know I make cards not tags for this challenge and decided this month's would be for my Dad's September birthday.
I don't own any of the thinlit words so as usual I had to improvise and used a large and small font happy birthday die.
I cut them out of my card and stuck some paper behind following Tim's techniques.
Rather than using "found" relatives photos I try to use my vintage family photos and just look what I found.
This is a scan of a photo of my dear Dad as a toddler in the 1930s! How cute is his knitted suit and shoes. This photo really made me chuckle. I cut him out and part of the chair.

Next I got inky and inked up my backing card together with some matt medium.
 These are my colours before I got blending once the matt medium was painted on,
Below is the blended background with the collage pieces I chose.
So then it was time for my creative hat to be put on...........
and this is my final card.
It was very hard to photograph as the matt medium seems to reflect even though it is matt!
You will see I added some script stamping using archival ink and some remnant rubs too

 I love the splattered metallic paint although I also end up splattered.

 I would like to enter my card into the following great challenges;

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2015 August

PaperArtsy gels and mediums. I enjoyed playing with matt medium both for creating the inky background and also building up my collaged layers.

Artistic stamper anything goes

Anything but cute making magic I think the photo of my Dad is magical but also I love all the texture and gold in my piece similar to those in their gorgeous August mood board photo.

That craft place anything goes mixed media

Mixed  media world gorgeous textures

Allsorts favourite colour I love colour...any colour but if you have to really pin me down it's yellow, green and my ultimate is blue...this piece has blue, the gorgeous new blue from Tim and blue in the stripey paper glued under my cut out words.

Papertake weekly spots and stripes I have splattered spots of paint and stripes in my blue striped paper.


Have a lovely weekend, we are promised a return to sunshine.....that would be lovely although my lawn has liked the recent rain. England really could not be green and pleasant without the rain could it but I hope you have avoided any flooding in your neck of the woods. A month's worth of rain fell in 7 hours in Brighton on Thursday...eek that's a lot of watering cans!  Thanks for stopping by...and don't worry I have sent my Dad a spoiler alert not to look at this post....LOL!!

Enjoy your weekend,

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

20 comments:

  1. Hi Jane, I can see the resemblance of you in your dads photo and love how you cut round the focal image of him and the chair, it makes your whole design pop. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining in the challenge at That Craft Place and good luck.
    Have a lovely weekend, hugs Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe how cute is that photo of your dad!! I hope he didn't peep, he is going to love it!!
    Splattering sounds fun! :)
    Happy weekend my friend, hope your sun has returned, ours is still here, thankfully,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that's about the sweetest photo ever!! How cutsie were you!! What a wonderful take on Tim's tag Jane, fabulous work on the background. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL Pamellia it's my Dad not me...that really made me chuckle ;0) xx

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh Jane, I'm so sorry, I completely read that wrong!!! I think my brain has already left the building and is out at the lake!! In that case, your Dad was a total cutie pie!! HAHA!!

      I also forgot to say Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Making Magic' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous way to use the photo of your Dad. The tag is so terrific and all the elements you added are perfect for that little fellow. Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is brilliant Jane and so very personal too - great photo - Daisy has a look of your dad don't you think? Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful Jane!!
    The photo struck me or rather the resemblance with your dear Daisy! Uncanny!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely card, I am sure your Dad will be delighted when he sees it! Such a sweet picture of him and you have created some wonderful effects. Wishing you a happy week ahead.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your project and the photo is so special. Thanks for sharing it with us at That Craft Place and good luck with the challenge. Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I see a family resemblance, but LMAO about that outfit! Lovely card, and happy birthday to your dad. He should be very happy with you for your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tag Jane. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at The Artistic Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love how this turned out! So adorable, yet cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Composing interesting collage components seems to be second nature to you, Jane. Everything always comes together so wonderfully in your art! Btw, I think everybody agrees that your dad is adorable! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for entering our challenge at allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE LOVE LOVE your daddy here...lol! Great use of the pic, and love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really love this thank you so much for joining us at the Artistic Stamper design team challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tag!
    Thank you so very much for joining our challenge Making Magic at Anything But Cute!

    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  17. This tag is lovely - thank you for entering at Anything But Cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful thanks for playing with us at MMW hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x