Wednesday 1 March 2017

Marching into March

Goodness me here were are in March and let's see if the old saying In like a lamb out like  a lamb is true? We seen to have had all the season's in the last few days...storm Doris was pretty awful!  I'm keeping my supply of daffs growing on my window sill in the kitchen. These pretty flowers greet me every morning.
As it's the first of the month it is of course time for my next DT card for Country View and for this month's challenge Christine has chosen the theme "Inspired by Tim Holtz". For me that's an easy choice as I love all things Tim but if that's a tough one for you think, vintage, inks, mixed media etc etc. There is also plenty of inspiration over on the challenge blog from my talented Teamies and all the details can be seen here. You might even be lucky enough to win the £20 voucher which is up for grabs to a random winner.

Today I also want to show that you don't have to go totally over to the brown and grungy side to make something Tim inspired. For my project I have made a girlie celebration card.

I can share my process with some photos I took as I went along.






I stuck strips of aluminium tape onto card and then used various tools to leave marks like rivets and metal joints. I then black acrylic paint and when it was nearly dry I buffed most of it off with a cloth.




I then added and some Remnant Rubs.


I die cut a weathered clock using off cut of the aluminium card. I rubbed it with Decadent Wine gilding wax.
My other elements got textures too....using various embossing folders, stamps and crackle paste

Then it was time to put on my creative hat. Once I had played with my design I came up with this card. 
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday anything goes
More mixed media anything goes
         Craft Catz anything goes
       Lil patch of crafting friends anything goes
Words 2 Craft by celebrations
Simon says stamp Monday based on a book mine is The Time Traveller's wife...one of my all time fave reads.

Thanks for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x



28 comments:

  1. Fabulous use of Tim's ideas and dies Jane, I love how you bought all the elements together and the clock hands on the textured heart is inspired. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great metallic background, Jane! Awesome card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and wonderful card Jane thank you for joining us over on
    Crafty Catz
    Dianne xx
    CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great textures and techniques on this fab Card, Jane! We're always looking for techniques to try and incorporate into our workshops and I love the aluminium background...could possibly use tin foil?!...would be great as a backing for a man's card...oooh, you've got me thinking!
    Happy Spring and St David's Day to you and yours and I hope March brings sunshine, with a promise of things to come! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, daffodils!! They are so gorgeous, and I can see in the background of the photo, that you have green grass already too! Spring sure comes early where you are! Your piece is just amazing. Love the work you did with the foil tape, great texture and so grungy, amazing! The red and black accents create a wonderful contrast and I adore the addition of the clock hands on top of the heart! Another wonderful post Jane, I sure missed them the last couple of weeks! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the daffodil photo! Your card is full of details and beautiful metallic element! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the various textures on your pretty card Jane!
    and Yes, let see if March behaves ;-)
    thanks for te pretty daffodils!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Jane. The shapes and colours remind me of Toulouse Lautrecs work in the Moulin Rouge! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project Jane - I love how you've used the dies

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your take on the theme, a lot of Tim but your style! Beautiful too... a great design for a masculine Valentine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.. lots of shiny things in that card.. I hope you win all the contests! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. brilliant - love your take on this theme - love those beautiful daffs too! Gorgeous! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card with super techniques.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for our More Mixed Media February challenge – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The weather is crazy! Love the flowers-so bright and cheerful. I love your art piece and can see Tim Holtz everywhere as inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh love all the metaliic in this card Jane......this has reminded me how I'm missing your Tim cards each month!!
    We had a lamb like start to March...chilly though!
    Enjoy the rest of the week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jane, Love this Tim-inspired card! I, too, am a huge Tim fan, but never quite capture his aesthetic like you have. Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the metallic background - what a fab card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your intricate card, I appreciate your detailed instructions. Thanks for sharing with Words 2 Craft By!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a fabulous "tim" card Jane !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perfect for the Time Travelers Wife - wonderful!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how this all came together and those clock hands on the heart is an absoluetly brilliant idea. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful card Jane...the details make it special as always... and the daffodils on your window sill look so pretty...I have some sitting by my kitchen window to remind me spring will arrive eventually!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous Jane, I really like your red heart xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. beautiful project Jane and great take on the challenge...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge....kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a sweet card. Thanks for playing along with us at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends.
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, LPoCF DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous metallic effect with the foil and all those wonderful marks, loving the layered hearts as well! Thanks for sharing, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cool card, dear Jane! Love the shiny foil and the various treatments you gave to it!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x