Wednesday 14 March 2018

The chilies have arrived

Last Thursday a very exciting parcel arrived in the post...my chili plugs. I love growing my own chillies and I am lucky that my sheltered garden allows me to keep them outside once the last frosts have passed by, usually in early May. I buy them on line from a great company, World of Chillies (and no I have not been asked at all by them to promote this!) 
They popped through my letterbox in their special protective packaging.
I opened them up and said hello!
I have a sunny place for them for the next few months on my kitchen side. They can keep my new pot of dafs company for a while.
They are a little bendy when first potted up.
But just a few days later they are nearly upright and growing strong

I can't wait til they are bigger and start to flower. We still have some amazing dried home growns from last year but fresh is best!

My card today is the first of my Easter makes for Dotty's as Easter day falls in just a few weeks on 1st April this year (April Fools day) yes seriously.
I used  this fab chili red Easter Graphic Fairy digi image and made a background with distress oxides through a Tim Holz stencil to give this cracked effect. The flower die cut is an old favourite Cheery Lynn.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Monday Easter/spring
The cutie pie challenge spring cuties
Crafty sentiments 1/3 Easter
Creative Inspirations 3/3 any occasion mine is Easter
Let's craft and create 3/3 anything goes
Not just cards 2/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Wednesday Easter inspired

I am loving having my darling Daisy staying. She goes home tomorrow. We've had the best of times, she is just a total joy to be with. We have played shops, crafted, visited a farm and had non stop fun. I shall be sharing  some of her craft projects she made with me.  Thanks for popping in and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me. 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

9 comments:

  1. I've never grown chillies, what a fun thing to grow! Love your Easter card, great image and the crackled background is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chilies look fab! Have you ever seen a Peter Pepper? :-) I also have grown a black pepper that is really pretty.. it has a purple flower and the peppers turn black. I'm so glad that you have gotten to have Daisy Jane with you this week. She is darling. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chillies look great, i hope they grow well for you.
    A great traditional style easter card, i love the image.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fantastic card! I always enjoy seeing your artistic interpretations of our themes and how your projects tie into your amazing photos. On this card, I really like how you have traditional elements paired with a totally original color palette. Thank you for your continued support of our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week! Anna Dt

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! thanks for sharing your plants and your card with us over at Let's Craft and Create!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card, thanks for sharing with the Cutie Pies and good luck with the chillis, my husband has planted some too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x